“Do not give a chance to masters of ceremonies of terror”

The German Foreign Office has called for restraint in dealing with statements by the Taliban and warned against a media war. The Taliban are consistently and energetically using developments in Afghanistan to advance their own goals, spokesman Martin Jager said in Berlin on Thursday. Journalists should not be taken in by this. In the ARD morning show, Jager had previously spoken of "masters of ceremonies of terror". It can be amed that they are now turning specifically to Germany because of the debate about the Bundeswehr mandates, which will continue until the fall.

The Taliban's propaganda office somewhere in the Afghan-Pakistan border area is very well organized with mobile phone numbers and mail contacts, the foreign office spokesman said. He reminded of the speculations of the previous Saturday about the alleged murder of the two German hostages. A Taliban spokesman had apparently upset the whole of Germany with just a few phone calls in Kabul. "This must not be. This cannot be," said Jager. The German government had countered this massively. Democracies may be vulnerable, but they are not defenseless.In the meantime, Development Minister Heidemarie Wieczorek-Zeul (SPD) again pleaded in the "Suddeutsche Zeitung" for a continuation of the commitment in Afghanistan. The German government wants to "stay the course clearly," she said. "Anything else would be misunderstood by perpetrators of violence as weakness." German development cooperation, he said, was focused on rebuilding infrastructure and the economy and training teachers. It is necessary to provide people with alternative sources of income to opium cultivation.

German aid organizations continue programs in Afghanistan – Welthungerhilfe in this site-Intervi

After the death of a German hostage in Afghanistan, there is renewed debate in Germany about whether Germans can and should still help the crisis-ridden country at all. Memories are awakened of the debate at the beginning of the year, when an employee of the Deutsche Welthungerhilfe was killed. this site spoke now with the relief organization. Spokeswoman Marion Aberle: "We want to continue to help the country." Other aid agencies also want to stay. "Our work continues as normal" The aid agency decided in May to change its strategy for its programs after a German and an Afghan staff member were killed in March and April, respectively. Welthungerhilfe has been active in Afghanistan since 1980, where it primarily supports rural development."Our work is continuing as normal," Hans Stehling, press spokesman for the state-owned Gesellschaft fur Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ), told the epd on Monday. There is currently no thought of withdrawing the 35 or so German GTZ employees from Afghanistan.German Development Minister Heidemarie Wieczorek-Zeul (SPD) had already declared on Sunday that there would be no halt to development projects in Afghanistan despite the kidnapping of two Germans. According to the ministry, there are about 120 Germans working in Afghanistan on projects funded by the German government. Overall, she said, the number of German aid workers is still higher.Kindernothilfe said the situation of children, infants and young mothers in Afghanistan is particularly dramatic. According to UN data, 257 of 1.000 children under the age of five died, 165 out of 1.000 babies die before their first birthday. Thus, the infant mortality rate in Afghanistan was the highest in the world.Kindernothilfe will therefore continue its support for clinics and women's self-help groups, she said.

"Not easy"

There are still two German staff members working for Caritas international in Afghanistan. According to press spokesman Achim Reinke, security precautions had already been tightened in recent months. There will be no more overland trips by car. Germans would also always be accompanied by Afghan staff who know the cultural realities. Caritas mainly supports traumatized children and helps to build wells and roads.Rudi Tarneden, spokesman for the UN Children's Fund UNICEF, stressed that the work in Afghanistan is "not easy". Attacks on aid workers have also increased since the beginning of the year, he said. "Whenever there are civilian casualties in combat, the vulnerability of international staff increases," Tarneden explained. Some 380 people have been killed in fighting in Afghanistan in the first four months of this year, according to UN figures. UNICEF is involved in school education and health care for children in Afghanistan.

Like this post? Please share to your friends:
Leave a Reply

;-) :| :x :twisted: :smile: :shock: :sad: :roll: :razz: :oops: :o :mrgreen: :lol: :idea: :grin: :evil: :cry: :cool: :arrow: :???: :?: :!: